Step 1: Apply online
Apply online using the ANU application manager by the relevant semester's application deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Study abroad applications can also be made through a registered agent representative.
Students applying must supply the following original or certified documentation, which can be uploaded during the online application process.
- Nomination letter from your home university approving your application.
- Academic transcript and current course enrolment (including translation if not in English).
- English language test results (TOEFL or IELTS) if applicable.
- Any other relevant documents.
Course specific requirements
You must meet any specific requirements of the courses you apply for, including those below:
- Visual arts: You must submit a folio of 12-15 images (slides, photographs, CD/DVD, jpeg files, website, etc.) of current work from their home institution.
- Music: You must submit a high quality audio/video recording of themselves performing.
- Law: You must be pursuing a law degree at their home university leading to admission to practice.
- Business or economics: Applicants wishing to study a full-time load (24 units per semester) for must be studying these disciplines at their home university.
- Australian National Internships Program: You must submit an additional application and require a higher GPA as well as successful completion of two full years of study.
Advice to help
Step 2: Accept your offer
Follow the instructions to accept your offer, including paying indicative tuition and other fees.
Step 3: Make final arrangements
If you accept the offer of a place and your enrolment is confirmed, you will then be able to apply for a student visa. All exchange and study abroad students must obtain an Australian non-award student visa (subclass 575) before arriving in Australia.
For further information please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country or visit the Australian Department of Immigration & Border Protection website.
Overseas student health cover
It is a condition of your student visa that you take out Overseas Student Health Cover. ANU will assist you in making this payment before a student visa is issued.