If you are a current university student overseas and your home university isn't an ANU partner university then you can apply to the Study abroad program.
Study abroad allows you to complete courses at ANU and count them towards your degree, however, as a study abroad student you pay international student fees directly to ANU.
Step 1: Apply online
Apply online using the ANU application manager by the relevant semester's application deadline. Late applications will not be accepted. Study abroad applications can also be made through a registered agent representative.
Students applying must supply the following original or certified documentation, which can be uploaded during the online application process.
- Nomination letter from your home university approving your application.
- Academic transcript and current course enrolment (including translation if not in English).
- English language test results (TOEFL or IELTS) if applicable.
- Any other relevant documents.
Course specific requirements
You must meet any specific requirements of the courses you apply for, including those below:
- Visual arts: You must submit a folio of 12-15 images (slides, photographs, CD/DVD, jpeg files, website, etc.) of current work from their home institution.
- Music: You must submit a high quality audio/video recording of themselves performing.
- Law: You must be pursuing a law degree at their home university leading to admission to practice.
- Business or economics: Applicants wishing to study a full-time load (24 units per semester) for must be studying these disciplines at their home university.
- Australian National Internships Program: You must submit an additional application and require a higher GPA as well as successful completion of two full years of study.
Advice to help
Step 2: Accept your offer & Fees
Follow the instructions to accept your offer, including paying indicative tuition and other fees.
Study abroad fees:
Partner Rate: $12,000*
Full Rate: $13, 214*
*All fees are in Australian dollars, not inclusive of services and amenities fees.
Step 3: Make final arrangements
If you accept the offer of a place and your enrolment is confirmed, you will then be able to apply for a student visa (VISA subclass 500). All exchange and study abroad students must obtain an Australian non-award student visa before arriving in Australia.
For further information please contact the Australian Embassy in your home country or visit the Australian Department of Immigration & Border Protection website.
Overseas student health cover
It is a condition of your student visa that you take out Overseas Student Health Cover. ANU will assist you in making this payment before a student visa is issued.