Adjustment factors are additional points that can increase your ANU selection rank.
Every ANU program has a selection rank that you need to meet or exceed to be considered for that program. If eligible, adjustment factors are added to your selection rank to be used when assessing your eligibility for programs at ANU.
Adjustment factors are usually based on performance or equity principles and are applied through the following schemes:
- National Access Scheme (NAS): This scheme provides subject-based adjustments based on performance in specific Year 12 subjects. The scheme also provides performance-based adjustments for the achievement of an Australian Music Education Board (AMEB) Grade 8 or higher.
- Educational Access Scheme (EAS): This scheme provides equity-based adjustments, including characteristics associated with disadvantage.
- Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) Entry Scheme: This scheme provides Elite Athlete adjustments, which are available based on sporting prowess.
The maximum total adjustments possible to an applicant's selection rank from the combination of all adjustments is 15. This may be made up of:
- Up to 10 equity-based adjustments; and
- Up to 5 Elite Athlete adjustments; or,
- Up to 5 subject-based or performance-based adjustments (AMEB Grade 8)
How to apply for adjustment factors
Depending on how you are applying to ANU, there are different methods to apply for adjustment factors.
Domestic undergraduate - Direct applications
If you are applying direct to ANU, you can manage your adjustment factors within your application. Your ANU selection rank (year 11 results plus any adjustments) or the final ANU selection rank (ATAR plus any adjustments) is used to apply for programs at ANU.
- Log in to your ANU application
- Click 'Adjustment factors'
- Read the criteria of each category of adjustment factor and answer the relevant questions to determine your eligibility.
- If you are eligible, download a cover letter with information on what documentation you'll need
- Upload these documents along with the cover letter by your application deadline
Note - You will automatically be assessed for subject-based adjustments upon completion of your Year 12 or IB qualification.
Domestic undergraduate - UAC applications
If you are applying to ANU through UAC, you will automatically be assessed for subject-based adjustments upon submitting your application.
If you are, or think you may be eligible for equity-based adjustments, you will need to submit an online equity application through UAC after completing your application for admission.
To be considered for performer-based adjustments or as an Elite Athlete, you will need to supply your documents to ANU directly. Please review the specific requirements for each of these adjustments.