Returning to your Residence
The returners process for Semester 2 2020 will open shortly so it is important you are prepared for the timelines set for this process as well as the information that will be asked of you in the returners application.
Unfortunately, and due to restrictions that will remain in place, your Residences will not re-open to full capacity. This means not all students will be able to return.However, we aim to welcome back as many students as is safe to do so.You should always check with your Administration team at your Residence if you are unsure about any of the timelines or steps in the returners' process.
NOTE: If you are submitting an application to return to your residence and you remain off-shore, your application will be assessed, and any offer for accommodation will remain contingent on Australian Government COVID-19 travel restrictions.
The application to return is only available to you if you resided in one of the following ANU Residences in Semester 1 2020:
- Burton & Garran Hall
- Bruce Hall
- Bruce Hall Packard Wing
- Davey Lodge
- Fenner Hall
- Gowrie Hall
- Kinloch Lodge
- Lena Karmel Lodge
- Ursula Hall
- Ursula Hall Laurus Wing
- Toad Hall
- Wamburun Hall
- Warrumbul Lodge
- Wright Hall
Burgmann College and John XXIII College will run their own returners process independently so we encourage you to speak to Administration staff at those residences for further information.
Returner Application Timelines
Returner applications open
Wednesday 3 June 2020
Returner applications close
Wednesday 17 June 2020 COB
Returners offers sent
Friday 19 June 2020
Returner offers acceptance close
Wednesday 1 July 2020
Preparing for your returners application
You will be required to answer questions in your returners' application so we have included these here for you to review and prepare for this. We encourage you to start preparing your responses in a word document now which you can then refer to and/or cut and paste when applications commence to ensure you meet the timelines for submitting responses.
Do not leave your application to the last minute! Late applications will not be accepted so if you are experiencing any difficulties completing the application or require assistance, please ensure your seek support from staff at your Residence.
Questions you will be required to complete in your returners' application are as follows:
- What are you looking forward to when returning to your Residence?
- Do you have any concerns about returning to your Residence and why?
- Is there any feedback you would like to give about your Residence that will help to improve your overall residential experience?
You will then go to the below page:
- I am aware of the costs applicable to the Student Residence in which I am offered will be clearly outlined in my offer letter.
I am aware that I will have to comply with hygiene and social distancing measures in the Residence in order to remain eligible to live in the Residence
Once I receive my official offer email I understand that I must accept and pay within the nominated timelines.
What you need to remember
- Familiarise yourself with the timelines.
- Review and prepare your answers to the questions listed above.
- Do not leave your application to the last minute! Late applications will not be accepted.
- If you experience any difficulty with this process, you must contact staff at your Residence immediately for assistance.
- FAQ's can be found here FAQ's Returning to your Residence
- DO NOT make an application on the portal until advised.