An occupancy agreement forms part of your accommodation offer. The agreement sets out the obligations and expectations for both the University and the Resident.
By accepting your accommodation offer you are agreeing to the terms and conditions outlined in the occupancy agreement, and the residence handbook.
The occupancy agreement is a legal contract between you and the University. If you are unsure of any of the content please seek independent advice or contact us for further clarification.
If you are considering cancelling or terminating your occupancy agreement, please carefully read the terms and conditions of your agreement as well as the residence handbook to understand the process. You can also contact your residence to find out more.
ANU offers the following types of accupancy agreements:
- a standard occupancy agreement for ANU students
- an occupancy agreement for ANU students that applies to rooms allocated under the National Rental Affordability Scheme (NRAS). Your offer of accommodation will outline if you are in a NRAS room
- a standard occupancy agreement for non ANU students
- a standard occupancy agreement for students residing at Graduate House and University House
- a short term occupancy agreement for ANU students
- a short-term occupancy agreement for non ANU students