Semester 2 2021 accommodation applications open on 1 April
Accommodation applications open up on 1 April 2021. Come and be a part of our vibrant campus community in Semester 2.
To apply follow the below steps, or go directly to the Accommodation Services Portal
Once you submitted your application, nothing further is required by you. When the application period closes, we will consider all applications at the same time. Accommodation offers will be released from 16 June on an ongoing and progressive basis.
Step 1: Decide which residence is right for you
Browse your accommodation options to decide which residence best fits your lifestyle. We are able to offer catered, flexi-catered and self-catered residential options. We also offer different style of accommodation, from shared communal style of living with shared facilities and shared toilet and bathroom amenities to self-contained independent style of living with your own cooking facilities and toilet and bathroom amenities.
View the student voiced 360 videos for our self catered and catered Residences and 3D images of each accommodation option to give you a better sense of the spaces.
When you apply for accommodation you will be asked to nominate your preferred Residence. Learn more about how we manage preferrences.
Step 2: Check if you are covered by the accommodation guarantee
Deadlines for applying for accommodation depend on if you meet the criteria for an accommodation guarantee.
We guarantee an offer of accommodation to the following undergraduate students:
- Indigenous students
- Students with a disability*
- Tuckwell scholars
- Incoming exchange students
- First-year, first-semester, domestic undergraduate students
- First-year, first-semester, international undergraduate students
- Transferring students from another Institution
- ANU Medical School students
- ANU College Foundation Program (Standard program-February commencement only)
- Up to 50 local places for residents of the ACT or surrounds who live in a suburb which has one of the following postcodes: 0200,0221,2600-2612,2900-2914
*If you do not disclose a medical or special requirement condition at the time of your application please be aware that we cannot consider your requested preference.
While we do not guarantee accommodation to the following students, we anticipate that we will be able to offer accommodation for Semester 2 to:
- Postgraduate coursework students
- Postgraduate research student
- Current students living off campus
- Students who are submitted a late application
Step 3: Apply
Your application must be completed in full and submitted within specified dates. Late applications are considered, but incomplete applications are not considered. If you need help in completing an application please do contact the Accommodation Services team. Please do not submit multiple applications.
Applications open 1 April
Applications close 8 June
Non guaranteed applicants
Applications open 1 April
Applications close 15 June
All applications need to be submitted in the accommodation portal by the deadlines. In order to do this, you will need to
Step 4: Receive & accept your offer
Accommodation offers are made on a rolling basis. Offers are made separately from your offer to study at ANU and can be offered at any point up to commencement of classes. It is important to note that Accommodation Services will only send you an offer of accommodation once you have a confirmed academic status.
You will receive an email with the information regarding your offer outcome. You will need to accept your accommodation offer within 48 hours of receiving it in order to secure your place.
Applications are free and there is no obligation to accept an accommodation offer.
- You should apply for accommodation before you are offered an academic place at ANU, even if you aren't sure if you will accept your offer of study.
- You may receive an offer for a residence different to your selected preference and costs may vary (e.g. you may have preference a catered residence, but you may be offered self-catered)
- If you are wanting more information about your application please contact us by email or call 6125 1100. Please provide your 6-digit application ID, student ID, full name and surname at the time of contact.