We are looking forward to welcoming commencing students in Semester 2
Living in an ANU Residence is more than a place to live and sleep, it offers students a life changing opportunity to:
- Grow and develop a sense of independence
- Form relationships with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Make life-long friends and networks
- Develop life skills such as setting and achieving goals, navigating new experiences, problem solving, living well in a diverse community
Our campus accommodation provides students:
- A vibrant intentional living and learning environment
- A safe and supportive community, with pastoral care onsite
- Academic enrichment and support programs
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Opportunities to grow into leadership positions
If you are looking to join our community to Semester 2, the following information will help you as you prepare to submit your application for accommodation.
How do I apply for accommodation?
To apply go directly to the Accommodation Services Portal and submit your application.
When do I submit my application?
The portal opens on 1 April and closes on 8 June (guaranteed applicants) and 15 June (non-guarateed applications). Please refer to the key dates for more information.
When will I receive my offer for accommodation?
The Australian National University (ANU) will start sending out accommodation offers from 16 June 2021 onwards. The offers will be released a rolling and progressive basis to:
- Domestic undergraduate applicants who fall under the guaranteed accommodation
- All other non-guaranteed applicants including postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research
- Current students who are living off campus and who have applied to live on campus
What do you need to consider?
How we allocate rooms
We consider all accommodation applications equally. We will make offers on an ongoing basis until we have placed all guaranteed students in a room. We will then offer to non-guaranteed applicants.
We will do our best to make you an offer of a room from your preferred residence, but we are unable to guarantee it.
As we will only make you one accommodation offer, we recommend you accept it.
Important information for students commencing in Semester 2 2021
If you are a new student commencing with your studies in Semester 2 2021 and fall under guaranteed accommodation, please note the key dates for when the accommodation portal for applications opens and closes.
If you miss these dates and still need accommodation, please contact email@example.com for advice.
Current students can still apply for accommodation
If you have been living off campus, and would like to move to one of our on campus accommodation options, please apply directly to the Accommodation Services Portal or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Short-term accommodation contracts
If you are a current student who has been living off campus and you are interested in moving back to one of our campus accommodation options but have a need for a short-term contract, please do contact email@example.com for more information. Specific conditions apply,