Great news for undergraduate students
ANU guarantees an offer of accommodation in one of our Halls, Colleges, Lodges or other approved accommodation to all of the following undergraduate students commencing in the first semester of their first year of study at the Australian National University:
- Indigenous students
- Students with a disability*
- Tuckwell Scholars
- Incoming exchange students
- First-year, first-semester domestic undergraduate students
- First-year, first-semester international undergraduate students
- Transferring students from another Institution
- ANU Medical School students
- ANU College Foundation Program (Standard program - February commencement only)
- Up to 50 local places for residents of the ACT or surrounds who live in a suburb which has one of the following postcodes: 0200, 0221, 2600-2612, 2614-2620, 2900-2914.
Please note that the guarantee does not provide a guarantee of your accommodation preference, but every effort will be made to give you an offer to your preferred residence.
* If you do not disclose a medical or special requirement condition at the time of your application please be aware that we cannot consider your requested preference.
While we do not guarantee accommodation to the following students, we anticipate that we will be able to offer accommodation for Semester 2 to:
- Postgraduate coursework students
- Postgraduate research students
- Current undergraduate students living off campus
- Students who submitted a late application
Accommodation application pathways and eligibility criteria
How we allocate rooms
We consider all accommodation applications equally. We will make offers on an ongoing basis until we have placed all guaranteed students in a room. We will then offer to non-guaranteed applicants.
To be eligible for the guarantee you must apply through the correct application pathway.
Domestic school leavers
Domestic school leavers who are finishing Year 12 at the end of 2021 and are applying direct to ANU for the 2022 academic year should include in this application their need for on campus accommodation, including their preference.
This direct application pathway opens on 3 March and closes on 24 May 2021. Students who are applying through this pathway and are eligible (see accommodation guarantee criteria above) are are guaranteed a spot in one of our Residences.
To check if you are eligible to apply direct to ANU, please read more at: apply/domestic-applications-anu-undergraduate
All other domestic and international students
If you are applying to study at ANU through a different pathway, and need accommodation now or in 2022, then please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Complete the online accommodation application
Step 2: Apply to study in a full-time undergraduate degree at ANU
Step 3: Check the accommodation guarantee eligibility requirements
Step 4: Receive and accept your offer within the timelines