Great news for undergraduate students
ANU guarantees an offer of accommodation* in one of our Halls, Colleges, Lodges or other approved accommodation to all of the following undergraduate students commencing in the first semester of their first year of study at ANU.
- Indigenous students
- Students with a disability**
- Tuckwell Scholars
- Incoming exchange students
- 1st year, 1st semester, domestic undergraduate students
- Transferring students from another Institution
- 1st year, 1st semester, international undergraduate students
- ANU Medical School students
- ANU College Foundation Program (Standard program - February commencement only)
- Up to 50 local places for residents of the ACT or surrounds who live in a suburb which has one of the following postcodes: 0200, 0221, 2600-2612, 2614-2620, 2900-2914.
* Please note this does not provide a guarantee of your preference, but every effort will be made to give you an offer to your preferred residence.
** If you do not disclose a medical or special requirement condition at the time of your application please be aware that we cannot consider your requested preference.
Accommodation application pathways and eligibility criteria
To be eligible for the guarantee you must apply through the correct application pathway.
Domestic school leavers
Domestic school leavers can apply for accommodation when they apply directly to ANU; applications for this pathway open 4 March and close 25 May. Students who apply directly to ANU and are eligible (see accommodation guarantee criteria above) are guaranteed a spot in one of our on-campus accommodation residences. To check if you are eligible to apply direct to ANU, please click on the link: http://www.anu.edu.au/study/apply/domestic-applications-anu-undergraduate
All other domestic and international students
If you are applying to study at ANU through a different pathway, and need accommodation, then please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Complete the online accommodation application
Step 2: Apply to study in a full-time undergraduate degree at ANU
Step 3: Check the accommodation guarantee eligibility requirements
Step 4: Receive and accept your offer within the timelines
- Domestic students: receive your academic offer from ANU through the Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) by January Round 1 for semester 1 or June Round 1 for semester 2
- International students: accept your academic offer and pay your program fee deposit by 18 January for first semester and full-year applications or by 23 June for second semester in the year your studies will commence
Some students aren't covered by the guarantee
If you are a Postgraduate Coursework, Postgraduate Research, existing student or a student with a late round UAC offer you are welcome to apply for accommodation however availability cannot be guaranteed.
Accommodation Services can help you look for accommodation alternatives such as renting a property, family accommodation, shared housing or boarding.