Kitchen Garden sessions 2023
Monday 10-12pm @ the Plot
Wednesday 4-5pm @ Canberra Environment Centre
You don't need to have a green thumb or be a master chef to find inner peas and have a great time with other ANU students and staff at the ANU Thrive Kitchen Garden.
Each week we either cook or garden (alternating weeks) and enjoy a fresh, yummy lunch afterwards (usually from what we've grown in the garden!). Each week is different - from planting seeds to pulling out weeds; making soup to firing up the pizza oven - and there's always something new to learn or try.
The Kitchen Garden is a great place to give your brain some respite, enjoy some fresh air and get some physical exercise. Gardening is great for your mental health, helping to reduce stress and boost mood; and eating fresh, nutritious food gives you energy and keeps you healthy in mind and body.
You don't be an experienced or confident cook or gardener. The Kitchen Garden is a space for learning, experimenting and sharing knowledge.
Things to know:
- All kitchen garden sessions are free for ANU staff and students
- You don't have to come to every session: join in on the sessions that suit you
- Cooking and gardening are both messy: don't wear your best clothes
- Closed shoes are essential
- Bring a hat and sun protection on hot sunny days
- We cook a range of dishes and most recipes can be adapted to dietary requirements. If you have allergies and dietary requirements, please let the KG coordinator know!
- Sessions are held at the Kitchen Garden site at the Canberra Environment Centre, Lennox Crossing, Acton.
Join the Facebook group to stay up to date and find out what's happening each week: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3133133886958686
The Kitchen Garden program is fully funded by the ACT Health Promotion Grants Program