Travel Restrictions Relief Bursary

REMINDER: Please make sure that your bank details are up to date on ISIS before you apply for the bursary. Any last minute changes may delay payment.  

Applications for the bursary closed at 11:59 pm AEST, 31 July 2020. 

This bursary allows ANU students affected by the Australian Government's mainland China travel restrictions to apply for reimbursement of approved, proven expenses they incur as a result of the travel restrictions. ANU will exercise discretion in applying these conditions.


ANUSA & PARSA COVID-19 Emergency Grants and the ANU Travel Restriction Relief Bursary 

  • ANUSA and PARSA would like to reassure students that students CAN apply for both. That said, students are not able to claim the same cost twice.
  • For more information on the PARSA COVID-19 Emergency Grant (CEG), visit this webpage. You can also email
  • For more information on the ANUSA COVID-19 Emergency Grant (AEG), visit this webpage. You can also email


  • Any ANU student affected by the mainland China travel restrictions and who was unable to arrive at ANU to commence their studies by 24 February 2020 can apply for this bursary. 
  • The University will offer up to A$5000 per student who submits an approved application with written proof of the expenses they are seeking reimbursement for.  You will also need to provide written evidence of the expenses you would like us to reimburse with your application. 
  • In order to receive a reimbursement, you need to be enrolled as an ANU student on 10 June 2020. ANU will exercise discretion in applying these conditions.  

Application Form

  • The application form for the Travel Restrictions Relief Bursary can be found on the button titled 'Bursary Application Form.'
  • Please note, only one application per student will be assessed for the bursary. This means that you will not be able to re-apply for additional costs once you have received an outcome.

Application Closing Date

  • Applications closed on 11:59 pm (AEST) 31 July 2020. 

Additional Information

  • Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions under 'Reference Documents' for further information. 
  • You can also contact Student Central if you have any further questions. 


Reference documents

Use contact details to request an alternative file format.