For information about the new grading system for Semester 1, 2020, please visit this webpage. For information about 2020 Non-standard Academic Sessions, visit this page.
Last updated: 16 November 2020
We recognise that this year has been a very disruptive time for you and your learning. To assist students during this time, a new grading system has been developed for 2020 coursework courses.
This new grading system will allow you to opt-in to change most Semester 2, 2020 coursework grades to:
Course Requirements Satisfied (CRS)
Instead of a passing grade e.g. High Distinction (HD), Distinction (D), Credit (C, Pass (P) or Pass at a Supplementary Examination (PS). CRS means that course requirements have been met and that the course will count towards your degree or award. Please note, a CRS grade will not form part of your GPA calculation.
Course Requirements Not Satisfied (CRN)
Instead of a fail grade e.g. Fail (N) or Not Completed/Fail (NCN). Please note, a CRN grade will not count towards your GPA calculation and it will not be viewed as a fail in the context of your expected academic performance.
The opt-in periods are strictly limited. Please carefully consider this offer and your personal circumstances.
Please note, the new grading system is optional. This means that if you are happy with any final grade you have received for Semester 2, 2020, you do not have to change to a CRS or CRN grade.
How to apply
The Grade Change eForm will be available for a limited time from the published results release date for Semester 2, 2020, (9:00am, 10 December 2020).
- Any changes to your application can be made on the same eForm until 11:59 pm, 14 December 2020. We ask that you do not submit a new eForm, as this may cause delays.
Students who have had a grade change effected between the published results release date for Semester 2, 2020 (10 December) and 12 March 2021 (due to DA, PX or RP or an assessment appeal) will be provided an opportunity to opt-in to the new grading system from 3pm (AEST) 15 March to 11:59 pm (AEST) 21 March 2021.
Eligible students will be contacted directly via their ANU student email account on 15 March 2021.
- Students who have a grade change from 13 March 2021 or later will also be afforded an opportunity to access the grading system. Further information about this process will be available in March 2021.
Courses excluded from the grading system
- A full list of courses excluded from the Semester 2, 2020 Grading System can be found under 'Reference Documents';
- Students with a block on their record, for example due to the non-payment of fees, must resolve the issue before the deadline in order to access the change of grade process;
- Students found to have engaged in academic misconduct or a breach of the Discipline Rule in the course will not be eligible for a CRN or CRS grade, regardless of whether the misconduct/breach itself resulted in the final fail grade for the course;
- Students found to have engaged in poor academic practice are eligible to access the CRN or CRS grade.
2020 Non-standard academic sessions
Non standard academic session courses (Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring) are eligible for the grading system. Please see the Related websites section on this page.