Please note: The deadline for the Grade Change eForm has been extended to 11:59 pm (AEST), 19 July 2020. From 23 July grade changes to individual student records will occur in small batches, and will be completed within 14 days. This means that not all records will be updated at the same time, we appreciate your patience.
If you are after information about the new grading system for Semester 2, 2020, please visit this webpage.
Last updated: 12 August 2020
We recognise that Semester 1, 2020 has been a very disruptive time for you and your learning. To assist students during this time, a new grading system has been developed for Semester 1, 2020.
This new grading system will allow you to opt-in to change most Semester 1 2020 grades to:
Course Requirements Satisfied (CRS)
Instead of a passing grade e.g. High Distinction (HD), Distinction (D), Credit (C, Pass (P) or Pass at a Supplementary Examination (PS)
Course Requirements Not Satisfied (CRN)
Instead of a fail grade e.g. Fail (N) or Not Completed/Fail (NCN)
The opt-in periods are strictly limited. Please carefully consider this offer and your personal circumstances as you cannot roll-back to your original mark/grade in the future.
Please note, the new grading system is optional. This means that if you are happy with any final grade you have received for Semester 1, 2020, you do not have to change to a CRS or CRN grade.
How to apply
The Grade Change eForm
will be available for a limited time from 9 July to 11:59 pm (AEST), 19 July 2020.
- Any changes to your application can be made on the same eForm until 11:59 pm (AEST), 19 July 2020. We ask that you do not submit a new eForm, as this may cause delays.
- Students who have a grade change from 15 August 2020 or later will also be afforded an opportunity to access the grading system. Further details will be available on this webpage from 17 August 2020.
Courses excluded from the grading system
A full list of courses excluded from the Semester 1, 2020 Grading System can be found under 'Reference Documents'.
Grades applied as a result of misconduct or discipline proceedings may not be eligible for a grade change.
- Students with a block on their record, for example due to the non-payment of fees, must resolve the issue before the deadline in order to access the change of grade process.
- Further information about the Semester 1, 2020 Grading Approach can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions document under 'Reference Documents'.
- You can also get in touch with Student Central if you need further assistance.
2020 Non-standard academic sessions
Please note, Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring courses are excluded from the new grading system (exceptions may apply at the discretion of your Academic College). Please get in touch with your Academic College for further advice.