Graduate students doing either research or coursework often have common concerns, including:
- stresses in managing employment, family life and study
- concerns relating to supervision
- confidence issues regarding academic work and oral presentations
- motivation or procrastination problems
- being a mature age student
- adjustment to living in a new location
- stresses relating to fieldwork
- important life choices
- health concerns for self or a family member
- relationship issues.
Seminars & workshops
In addition to individual counselling, graduate students attend our Seminars and Workshops.
If you are away from campus undertaking fieldwork or an internship, please be aware that telephone counselling appointments are available if you are outside Canberra and need support. We also encourage you to book a face-to-face appointment to debrief on your return to ANU if you have had a distressing or stressful fieldwork experience. National support resources can be found in Counselling community services along with urgent support within and outside of Australia.