This scholarship was established by the Westpac Bicentennial Foundation as part of Westpac's 200th anniversary celebrations, which was officially commemorated in 2017.
The scholarship is awarded to postgraduate students who are undertaking a Master by coursework or research or a PhD at one of nine participating world-class universities - which includes ANU. In addition to demonstrating academic excellence in their own field of study, Westpac Future Leader Scholars will have the desire and potential to become leaders, inspire others and build collaborative networks across disciplines, and have a vision to contribute to the growth and prosperity of Australia.
Scholars will be exceptional people, chosen for their potential to make a difference to Australia's future in one of the Foundation's three focus areas:
- Technology and innovation
- Strengthening Australia-Asia ties
- Enabling positive social change
The Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship provides the following benefits:
- A scholarship valued at up to $120,000 paid over 2-3 years;
- Participation in a nine month Leadership Development Program beyond the degree program which will provide relevant experiences, exposure to global thought leaders, build on strengths, develop targeted leadership capabilities, and create career pathways to help the Scholar succeed in their field;
- A global experience and opportunity to add a global context to the Scholar's education, with tailored international experiences of up to six months; and
- Membership in the Westpac Scholars Alumni Program, with access to ongoing networking, learning and development opportunities.
This information session is being held to provide prospective students and supervisors with the chance to find out more about this prestigious opportunity. If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest and visit Westpac Future Leaders and the Westpac Future Leaders Scholarship page on the ANU website for additional details.