Please note: the in-person delivery of this event has been cancelled. To attend this event, please see the online delivered page here.
The Stress Better workshop series will help you identify and cope with various stressors you may encounter in your studies and in life. Delivered by qualified facilitators, these workshops are designed to enhance your understanding of stress, worry and anxiety, and will be delivered in-person and online. By the end of this series, participants will:
- have an increased understanding of stress and the effects it can have on physical and mental health
- understand stress tolerance and the ways we hurt or help our stress levels
- identify areas of influence and control for individual stressors
- learn simple strategies to respond to stress and identify when to seek help.
Workshop details are listed below. You can register for as many sessions as you like:
- Awareness, stigma and self-care: Thursday 22 April
- Building support, connecting to services: Thursday 29 April
- Recognising first identifiers of mental illness: Thursday 6 May
- Help-seeking and recovery strategies: Thursday 13 May
This is a joint initiative by CBE, Mental Illness Education ACT (MIEACT) and ANU Thrive.
Mental Illness Education ACT (MIEACT) is the primary local mental health and well-being education provider for workplaces, community groups and secondary schools across the Canberra region and surrounding area.