Do you want to build on your peer mentoring and leadership experience? Are you keen to help out your fellow students with their academic and language skills? If this sounds like you, then we invite you to put forward an expression of interest in peer mentoring for the Academic Skills teams during 2020.
Peer leaders will commence work in Semester 1, 2020 and then be available throughout the 2020 academic year. Work hours will vary depending on the role but may include up to 6 hours per week (Monday to Friday). The successful applicants must be available for training on February 13th and 14th 2020.
The Peer Leader roles are suited to later year undergraduate or postgraduate coursework students who are currently enrolled at the ANU. Experience with peer mentoring or leadership in a university context is desired. An excellent track record of academic achievement is required, with at least a distinction grade average being desirable. The Peer Leaders should be comfortable working across academic disciplines, having the capacity to work with students from across the university. Training and ongoing professional development are provided.
Possible roles include:
Positions are casual, hours will vary from 4 - 8 hours per week. Remuneration will be $39 - $47 per hour depending on the position. Refer to the position descriptions for more information.
Please submit your expression of interest by clicking the Apply now button.
In the form, you will be asked to answer the following three questions (no more than 200 word each):
- What relevant first-point-of-contact customer service experience do you have?
- Provide an example of where you have effectively worked in a team. For the Peer Writing Leader role, give an example of when you have led a team.
- What peer mentoring and/or student leadership experience do you have?
You will need to attach the following documents (in .docx or .pdf format):
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least two referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor).
- A sample of your academic writing (for Peer Writer positions only). This must be an essay, report, article or chapter you have previously submitted as part of your studies at ANU (5000 words maximum)
Applications close Sunday January 19th 2020.