Learn how to make the most out of your year and how to plan and complete your research milestones efficiently and successfully. This workshop provides advice on managing your time and working with your supervisor. Find out about effective reading, research strategies and information management tools to better manage your research.
Thesis structures & introductions
This workshop deconstructs past theses to develop a strong understanding of the thesis' purpose, key components, and how you might go about structuring and writing your own. Using examples from past theses, we analyse what makes a successful introduction.
Presenting your research
Learn key techniques for structuring and confidently delivering a presentation with a clear key message. We also discuss ways to enhance visual aids and delivery, including dealing with questions and overcoming nerves.
Finishing up and editing your thesis
Getting to the end of the project will involve tying all the parts of your thesis together and ensuring cohesion and clarity. We discuss how to craft a strong conclusion. Bring along a draft to apply editing techniques in a systematic way to improve your thesis' overall quality.
We currently run Honours workshops for the following Schools
- College of Asia and the Pacific
- International Security Studies
- College of Arts and Social Sciences
- School of Literature, Languages and Linguistics
- School of Politics and International Relations
- School of Sociology
- College of Business and Economics
- Research School of Finance, Actuarial Studies and Statistics
- College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Research School of Computer Science
- College of Science
- Fenner School of Environment and Society
- Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Research School of Biology
- Research School of Physics
- College of Health and Medicine
- John Curtin School of Medical Research
- Research School of Population Health
- Research School of Psychology