The new Travel Approval Process will be released for University-wide use today. The new process replaces the current complex manual process with a streamlined, fully-digitised and standardised solution that seamlessly integrates technology, bringing separate information together into a central location.
From today, your travel approval request will need to be made through the new Travel Approval Process.
Travel approval applications already in progress will continue to completion through existing processes.
The Travel Approval process:
- consolidates various existing forms, including: travel application, fieldwork, risk assessment, budget, FBT, per diem, cash advance, insurance, delegation approval, post travel diary;
- automatically authenticates the identity of the traveller applying for travel (via Uni ID and password);
- has a range of in-built validation checks to ensure all required areas of the Travel Approval are complete;
- allows the attachment of supporting documents;
- automatically checks the DFAT website for countries at risk;
- automatically updates the University’s HR and Finance enterprise systems with travel details.
You can register for Familiarisation and Coaching Sessions through HORUS. Information on additional resources and support services are available on the Travel Approval webpage.