Do you need a car to get to get to a meeting, conduct research offsite, or travel interstate for University purposes?
ANU has a new car share provider (replacing the previous Green Car Share program), that has vehicles on site now for your use.
Car share provider GoGet has a network of vehicles across the nation which means staff and students can now utilise this service anywhere.
The new scheme builds on the already successful scheme introduced in 2015, but with a few service improvements:
- The scheme will be open to all members of the community.
- Vehicles will be accessible via a GoGet card rather than the University id.
- The fleet of vehicles on campus will increase from 14 to 20 and include a goods movement van, two (2) hybrid vehicles and three (3) x eight (8) seater vehicles.
- University staff and students will be able to access GoGet vehicles Australia wide.
- Vehicle costs will be limited to usage costs (i.e. the University will not be liable for the cost of the cars when they are not booked. The vehicles start at $6.95 an hour plus $0.40 a kilometre (for on-road costs)).
Those who wish to use the carshare service will need to register with GoGet online and collect an access card at the University Fleet Office (Building 53) on Garran Road (on presentation of their University id).
More information on the new hire car scheme can be found at https://services.anu.edu.au/campus-environment/transport-parking/goget-carshare-scheme, while further enquiries can be made by contacting GoGet on 1300 769 389 or University Fleet Services via firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 6125 7051.