The Grand Graduations Development Scheme is looking for ideas from you to help make our inaugural Grand Graduations Event on Tuesday 10 December 2019 big, bright and bold.
Grand Graduations is a singular event for more than 3,000 graduands to celebrate the culmination of years of hard work with their friends, families and the rest of the ANU community under the trees lining University Avenue.
Our small size and unique position as Australia's national University gives us an opportunity to create a graduation experience like no other in Australia. We want Grand Graduations to foster a sense of pride and excitement in our community, so if you have an idea about how we can achieve this, we want to hear it.
You need to be able to tell how us you propose to deliver your idea on the big day, including the cost and approach. Ideas we think foster a sense of community celebration or begin new traditions will be given funding to help turn them into reality.
These could be things like:
- Performers who parade with the students
- Social media filters
- Space activation in Kambri
- Designs for student regalia
- Entertainment ideas for the family picnic
- Spoken word commissions
- Art work on University Avenue
- Flash mobs...
...just to name a few.
To submit your ideas please complete the form HERE. You can enter as an individual or group and as many ideas as you like. Successful applicants will be funded to turn these ideas into reality.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 20 September 2019.
If you have any questions get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- ANU Strategic Communications and Public Affairs will consider any ideas you submit.
- Submissions for the 2019 event close 5pm, Friday 20 September 2019.
- Applications will be considered at the next meeting of the Grand Graduations Steering Committee on 25 September 2019.
- Successful applications are required to submit a detailed event plan by 8 November 2019, and you may be required to enter into an agreement with the University before implementing your idea on 10 December 2019.