*Functions on Campus Protocol updated on 9 October to reflect ACT moving to Step 3.2 restrictions.
From Monday 7 September 2020, the University will reinstate functions, events and venue hire on the Acton campus. All functions will need to be compliant with the new Functions on Campus Protocol. These have been drafted in line with the University Guidelines and the ACT Government COVID-19 restrictions.
We encourage you to read the new Protocols to understand the new obligations and responsibilities on event organisers, as well as the process for organising Functions on campus.
Some key measures include:
- All events and Functions on campus require a Functions on Campus eForm (Recommendation 1).
- A COVID-19 Risk Assessment Plan and a COVID-19 Safety Plan (Venue) are required for each Function or event on campus and a copy should be available while the event is running. This must be submitted as part of the Functions on Campus eForm. (Recommendation 3).
- All events require mandatory pre-event registration (Recommendation 12).
- All events require a nominated 'protocol officer' to monitor the event and ensure compliance to the Protocols. These protocol officers must complete the Australian Government's COVID-19 infection control training course (Recommendation 13 and 14).
- Functions may be cancelled at short notice if an outbreak or identified case occurs in a specific venue/on campus or following changes to government rules. All expenses incurred due to cancellation are the responsibility of the organisers. (Recommendation 22).
Functions and events where risk cannot be adequately controlled or mitigated (i.e. exposure cannot be reduced or prevented) are unlikely to be approved. This may include festivals, live bands, markets and stalls, protests and demonstrations.
The FOC eForm will be made available from Tuesday 1 September 2020. This will allow event organisers enough time to organise events in line with the new Protocols.
If you have any questions, please contact the Functions on Campus team on (02) 6125 4000 (Option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.