What can I request under FOI?

Any member of the general public can make a request under FOI to ANU seeking access to documents held by the organisation. It can relate to any specific: event, process, project, service, administrative area, and or College or School that forms part of the organisation.

Members of the general public are also able to seek access to their personal information held by the organisation. You are able to request amendment of your personal information if it is found to be incorrect, inaccurate or misleading.

ANU has an established procedure for staff and students (past and present) to request access to their staff or student files. This procedure does not require you to make a formal FOI application.