This will be Australia's first two-day national research-only energy conference. The event will include high-level plenary overviews with parallel invited talks, industry panel discussions and poster sessions.
State-of-Energy-Research Conference has been established by the Energy Research Institutes Council for Australia (ERICA) - a peak body of 11 university research institutes.
Plenary Speakers include:
- Professor Ross Garnaut, University of Melbourne (Energy Economics & Policy)
- Professor Martin Green, UNSW (Renewable Electricity Generation)
- Professor Maria Forsyth, Deakin University (Energy Storage)
- Dr Lachlan Blackhall, ANU (Energy Systems)
- Professor Chris Dunstan, UTS (Energy Usage and Demand Response)
- Dr Bruce Mountain, Victoria University (Energy Regulation and Governance)
- Professor Michael Brear, University of Melbourne (Transport and Industrial Energy)
- Professor Peta Ashworth, University of Queensland (Fossil Fuels)
SoERC will cover all aspects of energy research ranging from fundamental science, engineering and technology, to the energy implementation disciplines of economics, regulation, security, sociology and policy.
This inaugural and stand-alone conference is aimed at an audience of energy researchers and students, stakeholders in the private sector, government and regulators.
17 May Call for papers - date extended.
21 May Results for the Poster Submissions are Announced
31 May Early-Bird Registrations Close
18 June Child Care Bookings Close
3 July Conference Day 1 & Conference Dinner
4 July Conference Day 2 & Close