Please join us for morning tea on Oct 18th, to mark another highly successful year in which the Gender Institute has been fostering research, teaching and engagement on gender issues, both at ANU and beyond.
This will be followed by a celebration of the exceptional achievements of students and staff at ANU. You are warmly invited to hear from a panel comprised of some of the inspiring women promoted to full Professor at ANU at the start of 2019. Our annual prizes will then be awarded by Vice-Chancellor Professor Brian Schmidt, in recognition of outstanding research on gender among ANU students.
We will also share a brief report on the recent work of the Gender Institute.
Panelists will speak briefly about their work, where they have found most support for it, and what actions would most improve gender equity at ANU. These will be:
- Professor Lan Fu (Research School of Physics)
- Professor Kylie Message (Humanities Research Centre)
- Professor Lexing Xie (College of Engineering and Computer Sciences)
- Professor Penny King (Research School of Earth Sciences)
- Professor Elizabeth Gardiner (John Curtin School of Medical Research)
|Morning tea||10.30 - 11.00|
|Welcome from the Convenor and Report||11.00 - 11.15|
|Panel: Welcome to the Professoriate||11.15 - 12.15|
|Vice Chancellor's Speech and Gender Institute Prize Ceremony||12.15 - 12.45|
|Closing remarks||12.45 - 12.55|