Empowerment should start early in a career. This symposium will provide a holistic approach to women's leadership, offering the inspiration to open new avenues and see other perspectives. This day is an opportunity for you to think, understand, engage and challenge pre-conceived notions surrounding women.
Young women should have the opportunity to receive practical guidance that can assist them. That's why the aim of the conference is to provide a perspective on women's leadership in Australia through testimony and debate by experts of different backgrounds.
We want this event to also be an experience for the audience and raise awareness about the under-representation of women in the arts. Various performances by female artists will occur throughout the day, linking to the theme of gender equality.
- Melanie Kontze (Co-founder Silverstone Edge)
- Meegan Fitzharris MLA (ACT Minister for Health & Wellbeing, Higher Education, Medical and Health Research, Transport and Vocaitonal Education and Skills)
- Genevieve Jacobs (Group Editor, Region Media Group)
- Michelle Dixon (CEO and Partner, Maddocks)
- Trish Clancy (Partner and Managing Director, Boston Consulting Group)
- Caitlin Figueiredo (Global Gender Equality Activist/ ACT Young Woman of the Year 2018/ Founder & CEO Jasiri Australia)
- David Fricker (Director-General, National Archives of Australia and Vice-President of the UNESCO Memory of the World International Advisory Committee)
- Yasmine Poole (Gender advocate/APEC Youth delegate)
- Rosanne Brand (Partner, PwC Australia)
- Caitrine Dunn (Partner, PwC Australia)
- Morgan Marshall (ACT Young Woman of the Year 2019)
- The Hon. Kate Lundy (Former Senator for the ACT, and Former Minister for Multicultural Affairs)
- Dr Marie-Louise Ayres (Director-General of the National Library Australia)
- Ashleigh Streeter-Jones (Gender Advocate and ACT Woman of the Year 2018)
- Mark Kenny (Senior Fellow at the ANU Australian Studies Institute, and Director of the National Press Club)
To share the event on facebook please follow this link
This event co-curated by Zakaria Sougrati and Melanie Kontze is hosted by the ANU Gender Institute and generously funded by Maddocks, the Gender Institute and HerCanberra.