Join the RSE to learn about Australia's Indigenous history and the economic issues faced by Indigenous Australians with a panel discussion and a range of cultural activities.
Cultural activities RSE Foyer 12.30pm-2.00pm
Join us for lunch and a range of cultural activities, including:
- Aboriginal Cultural Talk: Local Ngunawal history; artefacts, stone tools & practices by Tyronne Bell.
- Aboriginal Art Weaving Workshop: Wybarra by Garrigarra Mundine.
- Aboriginal Painting Workshop: by Dale Huddleston.
- Traditional Aboriginal Story Telling: by Wulgaan Bunyarinjarin (Russel Brown).
- Panel session
Fred Gruen Seminar Room 2.00pm-3.30pm
In this forum we will discuss economic issues faced by Australia's first people, the possible economic policies to mitigate those issues, and the role of economics research to improve the Indigenous Economy.
- Professor Alison Booth (Moderator)
- Professor Bruce Chapman
- Professor Tony Dreise
- Dr Boyd Hunter
- Mr Bhiamie Williamson
The panel session will be followed by a light afternoon tea.