The ANU Crawford Leadership Forum presents the Big Picture Series: Australia in a COVID-19 world
Australia, climate change & the pandemic
With governments around the world still deep in the struggle against COVID 19, there has been little time for issues that dominated policy debates before the pandemic.
- But is COVID-19 an opportunity to refocus attention on climate change, another grave global threat to humankind?
- What does the climate change policy discussion in Australia look like in a COVID-19 world?
- Is an investment-led "green recovery", especially in renewable energy, a way of spending Australia out of recession?
- Or will the economic shock from the pandemic stall much-needed investment in decarbonization?
- Is the pandemic also an opportunity to "build back better" to increase Australia's resilience to climate effects?
Join our panel of policy makers and business leaders in a live panel discussion and Q&A to chart a way forward for Australia on climate action in a COVID-19 world.
More panel discussions part of ANU Crawford Leadership Forum 2020:
- The future of universities - Thurs 4 June - Watch here >>
- Global public health & COVID-19 - Wed 10 June - Watch here >>
- Asia & COVID-19 - Tues 16 June - Watch here >>
- The Pacific & Australia: Our shared future - Thurs 18 June - Watch here >>
- Australia, climate change & the pandemic - Fri 19 June - Watch here >>
- What kind of world? - Tues 23 June - Watch here >>