Are you, or someone you know, planning on graduating in December 2019? If so, we are excited to announce you will be the first to experience Grand Graduations - an event bringing the entire University community together to celebrate our graduating students.
What is Grand Graduations?
The Grand Graduation ceremony will be a singular ceremonial event for more than 3,000 graduands to celebrate the culmination of years of hard work with their friends, families and the rest of the ANU community under the trees lining University Avenue.
Our small size and unique position as Australia's national University gives us an opportunity to create a graduation experience like no other in Australia. Grand Graduations will do that through events that foster a sense of pride and excitement in our students, staff and community.
This years will be the first taste of the eventual Grand Graduation festival we are working towards over the next few years.
PLEASE NOTE, THERE ARE NO DEGREES CONFERRED AT THE GRAND GRADUATION CEREMONY. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ACCEPTED THE INVITATION TO YOUR CONFERRING OF AWARDS CEREMONY.
The 2019 Grand Graduations event will feature:
• A student parade;
• A picnic for students and their guests*
• Opportunity for graduating students to bring more than two guests**;
• The Honorary Doctorate ceremony for The Right Honourable Helen Clark, former Prime Minister of New Zealand;
• Oration by Karlie Noon, graduating Masters student and 2019 ACT Young Australian of the Year Nominee; and
• Performance by the ANU Choral Society.
This year's Grand Graduation is the first in what we hope will be a legacy event for the University.***
Got a question?
A list of FAQs can be found HERE.
What do I need to do?
Graduating Students can RSVP HERE.
The rest of the ANU Community can RSVP HERE.
* This free picnic is for graduating students and their guests only.
** Students can bring more than two guests to the Grand Graduation event and picnic only.
*** There are no changes to the Conferring of Awards Ceremonies in Llewellyn Hall in December 2019.