If you're an ANU student who has been financially impacted by COVID-19, a range of financial support options are available to you.
Mental health, wellbeing and administrative support
We have a range of support services
for our students, and these can be accessed remotely at no cost.
ANUSA Emergency Grant
These grants are designed to provide financial assistance to eligible enrolled students who are experiencing sudden or unexpected financial hardship that is adversely affecting their education. The main criteria for a grant are the demonstration of a genuine need and that continued study may be in jeopardy due to financial hardship. The maximum grant available is $750 per year.
To be eligible, you must be enrolled as an ANU Undergraduate or ANU College student and be able to demonstrate financial need. An ANUSA Emergency Grant may be used to cover:
- Unexpected medical bills
- Accommodation (such as a bond)
- Short-term living expenses (due to delayed income, etc.)
- Emergency travel costs or travel costs related to medical issues.
Find out more about ANUSA Emergency Grants.
PARSA Emergency Grant
PARSA Emergency Grants are available to offer financial assistance to enrolled postgraduate students at the ANU who are facing genuine and unexpected financial hardship.
Enrolled postgraduate students can qualify for up to $1500 per semester (at PARSA's discretion), depending on the severity of the situation and the potential benefits of assistance.
Students are welcome to apply if they are unable to cover the following costs:
- Costs of living (rent, food or utility costs) as a result of emergency situation;
- Emergent medical expenses and ongoing treatment;
- Unexpected costs as a result of COVID-19 and the travel restrictions (e.g., travel, self-quarantine, health check);
- Costs as a result of natural disaster (bushfire, flood, draught, storm);
- Student visa-related expenses (e.g., visa extension fee, urgent migration advice in relation to student visa);
- Debts (e.g., accrued rental, utility costs);
- Essential vehicle maintenance.
Find out more about PARSA Emergency Grants.
Emergency accommodation bursaries
If you are experiencing any financial difficulties in making payments, contact your Residence to discuss what options are available.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, you can apply for an emergency accommodation bursary.