From Saturday 20 June, all ANU Sport facilities will be open with restrictions in place.
For more information, visit: ANU Sport Reopening - What You Need to Know.
Pursuat to the ACT Government's approval for gyms to open under restricted supervised access, Club Limes has re-opened.
The following restrictions are in place:
- No more than 20 people are allowed in an enclosed space at one time.
- No shower facilities available.
- Adjustment of equipment to ensure 1.5 metre distance between members.
- Gym is fully supervised during all hours, with no 24/7 access.
- Members are required to book sessions of no more than 1 hour. Members will be asked to leave the facility after 50 mins. Staff will then swipe down equipment before the next session is allowed to enter the facility.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes have been made available for members to use, and all members must train with a towel.
The current hours of operation of ANU aquatic facilities are 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 6pm Saturday and Sunday. The main Club Lime gym remains closed until government guidelines are changed.
To use facilities, members and visitors can book a 50-minute swim session, commencing at the start of each hour. A 10-minute changeover period has been allowed. This ensures all users have exited before the next booking enters.
The facility has taken several steps to be COVID Safe:
- Social distancing, hygiene and COVID-19 conditions of entry signage are displayed throughout the facility.
- Staff and customers will be temperature tested upon entry to the facility. If it is found that either a staff member or customer displays a temperature that is deemed to have a temperature above 38 degrees that person will be asked to leave the facility.
- If staﬀ or customers have any signs of COVID-19 (temperature, cough and diﬃculty breathing), they will be sent home to follow Government regulations.
- All staff have downloaded the COVID Safe application.
- Hand wipes or sanitisers have been installed at the entry to the facility and throughout.
- Staff will comply with social distancing requirements.
Enhancing cleaning measures have been put in place to keep facilities COVID Safe.
- Staff carrying out regular cleaning of high-contact touch points throughout the premises
- Continuing rigorous cleaning procedures in line with the cleaning procedure
- Cleaning contractors cleaning the facility as per agreed cleaning agreement
Each lane in the swimming pool will be limited to a maximum of one swimmer.
Extra care will be taken, including additional signage, to ensure social distancing is maintained when getting in and out of the pool.
The saunas, steam rooms and spa pools will remain closed.
Change rooms and showers
Change rooms and showers will be provided with additional signage to ensure social distancing is maintained. Lockers and showers remain out of use.
Kids under the age of 5 may be accompanied by an adult within the same lane and must be within arm's reach as per Water Safety guidelines.
Children over the age of 5 but under the age of 12 years that are required to be supervised as per the Water Safe Guideline may have a supervisor present within the facility. This supervisor will not count as a person if they decide to enter the water (in the same lane) with the child they are responsible for.
Children 13 years and over that do not require a supervisor will be counted as a single person using the lane.