Alumni in North America
Alumni in the United States and Canada
Lead by our ANU North American Liaison Office (NALO) located at the Embassy of Australia in Washington, DC our staff is here to assist alumni and encourage engagement with the University in numerous ways.
NALO assists with the planning alumni activities across the United States and Canada. We are always seeking to connect with alumni either individually and virtually by offering social and professional networking opportunities.
The office also facilitates the exchange of information between the University and alumni about educational and professional opportunities for undergraduates, such as internships and exchange programs with other universities, government and industry.
All alumni and friends are welcome to participate in ANU activities. If you would like more information about the ANU alumni activities in North America, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ANU Foundation USA was established in 2014 to promote excellence in education and research at ANU including the exchange of knowledge, faculty and students between Australia and North America by managing donations and gifts from ANU alumni and friends in North America. The Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.
- The ANU North American Liaison Office was founded in 2010 and is located in the Embassy of Australia in Washington, DC. The purpose of NALO is to enhance the international standing and profile of the University and to support staff and students to engage more effectively with partners in the United States and Canada. The office works very closely with the ANU Alumni Relations team and assists with activities in North America.
- ANU alumni and friends in North America can update their contact details via a new online form. Making sure that your contact details are up-to-date is the best way to stay in touch with ANU and learn about upcoming alumni activities and benefits across the United States and Canada.
Alumni in New York City
In 2019, the ANU New York City Alumni Network (NYCAN) was established by a group of alumni volunteers. The purpose of the network is to foster relationships between fellow ANU alumni that are living, working or traveling through New York.
We would encourage you to stay in touch and join the network to make sure you are invited to local activities - which are currently being held virtually and hopefully in person in the future. Please keep your details up to date with ANU and be sure to join the LinkedIn group for additional updates.
The NYCAN plans to stay in touch with fellow alumni in 2021 through a quarterly newsletter and hopefully will be able to see each other in person later in the year.
- Stephanie Dunn, Co-Chair and Secretary
- Angus Isles, Co-Chair and Treasurer
- Sergio Silva, Partnerships and memberships
- David Orr, Partnerships and memberships
- Diana Malcomess, Events and communications
Alumni in the San Francisco Bay area
Are you interested in connecting with other ANU alumni in the Bay area? Shashank Agarwal, who is a software engineer at Google and received his MS in Biotechnology from ANU in 2007, is leading the ANU volunteer efforts. He has formed a LinkedIn group for alumni living in the San Francisco Bay area to explore opportunities, stay informed and make connections.
The University is also here to support those in the region. We hope to meeting virtually or in person in the future. To reach us, please contact Martha.email@example.com.
Alumni in Seattle
Join our ANU Alumni in Seattle to keep up to date on exciting activities and meetups in the area - from picnics to pub nights and trivia. Don't miss out on the fun and join us on LinkedIn here.