The Chief Financial Officer provides financial leadership and strategic business advice to the Vice-Chancellor, Executive, University and Council. As standing Deputy to the Chief Operating Officer, Adam oversees:
· Development and management of the university budget
· Preparation of the University's annual financial statements
· Strategic Procurement advice
· Accounting and reporting for research grants and other university revenues
· Provision of financial operational services and systems for university clients
· University printing, fleet and mail and courier services
· Financial advice and reporting to the University Council, Finance Committee and Audit and Risk Management Committee
Adam commenced at the University in late 2017. He has nearly 25 years experience in the Queensland public sector and has been a Chief Finance Officer since 2007 in the infrastructure and education sectors. Adam has significant experience in managing large projects and transformational leadership. He has a passion for education, having spent nearly 20 years working in the early childhood, school education and vocational educational and training systems.
Adam is a Fellow of CPA Australia and a Chartered Accountant.