The advertisement for the new Vice-Chancellor and President position closed on Monday 29 May 2023.
We have encouraged staff and students to let us know the qualities and attributes that are important to our community in our next Vice-Chancellor.
We have received some great and useful feedback to better understand the needs and priorities of our community and ensure we select a candidate who is the right fit for ANU.
The community engagement feedback for the next ANU Vice-Chancellor is currently highlighting a need for a progressive, innovative, and forward-thinking leader with a strong academic background. Other key themes include a focus on diversity, equity, inclusion. Strong leadership, management, and communication skills are important, as is a genuine care for student and staff well-being and challenges.
Additionally, promoting sustainability and combating climate change, integrating technology with research and teaching, and aiming for diverse representation are crucial. Moreover, some members of the ANU community have suggested specific candidates. We will pass on all candidate recommendation to our search partners to be included in the process.
VC Search Consultations
Keep an eye out in the University's weekly newsletter On Campus for upcoming VC Search Consultations.
The search process to appoint the Vice-Chancellor and President is progressing well. We wanted to share the composition of the Selection Committee with the ANU Community.
This Committee has the critical task to engage with Candidates in the formal process and make a recommendation to ANU Council for the appointment.
- Hon Julie Bishop, Chancellor (Chair) *
- Naomi Flutter, Pro-Chancellor *
- Professor Craig Moritz, Director, Research School of Biology, representing the Deans and research school heads*
- Professor Lyndall Strazdins, Director, Mental Health Strategy Review, representing the academic staff (Institute member)*
- Alison Kitchen, National Chairman, KPMG Australia *
- Professor Sarah Pearson, Non-Executive Director *
- Ben Yates, President, ANU Students' Association *
- Millan Pintos-Lopez, Professional Staff Representative*
- Professor Peter Yu, Vice-President (First Nations)
- Professor Helen Sullivan, Dean, ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
*Denotes ANU Council Member