Development of ANU Below Zero strategy
The University are exploring options for how we can become carbon negative. This could encompass a range of broad approaches:
- Taking action to reduce on-campus and energy related emissions (scope 1&2 emissions)
- Reducing emissions associated with business travel (partial scope 3 emissions)
- Evaluating actions to reduce other significant emissions, including commuter travel, ANU investments, waste, purchasing and procurement (scope 3 emissions)
- Offsetting ANU emissions using socially responsible Australian offsets
- Developing ANU approaches to actively remove GHGs from the atmosphere including research into innovative negative emission technologies
Ideas developed in the consultation will be integrated with these approaches to develop the ANU Below Zero strategy.