Election to Council of two Academic Staff Members.
On 29 September 2020, of the term of office for both Professor Kate Reynolds and Associate Professor Ben Corry will expire. This means that it will be necessary to hold an election in order to elect two members of the academic staff to the ANU Council.
The elected members will hold office for a term of two years from 30 September 2020.
About the Council
The ANU Council is the governing body of the University. The role of the ANU Council and its committees is to govern the University, providing general oversight and direction of its activities. As per the ANU Act, there are currently 15 positions on the ANU Council made up of the Chancellor, the Vice-Chancellor, members elected by the academic and professional staff, undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as seven members appointed by the Federal Minister for Education & Training.
Nominations were open from 3 August 2020 for two academic staff members. Of these two members:
- one must have duties with a predominant research focus ('the Academic staff (Institute) member")
- one must have duties involving both teaching and research ("the Academic staff (Faculties) member").
Nominations closed Tuesday 18 August 2020 at 5pm.
Candidates for Election
IAS Position - Academic staff (Institute) member
- Professor Philip Batterham, Research School of Population Health, College of Health & Medicine
- Professor Lisa Kewley, Research School of Astronomy & Astrophysics, ANU College of Science
- Professor Kate Reynolds, Research School of Psychology, ANU College of Health and Medicine
Faculties Position - Academic staff (Faculties) member
- Professor Samantha Bennett, School of Music, College of Arts and Social Sciences
- Associate Professor Carol Hayes School of Culture, History and Language, ANU College of Asia and the Pacific
- Dr Jonathan Liljeblad, ANU College of Law
- Dr Imogen Mathew, Strategic & Defence Studies Centre, College of Asia & the Pacific
- Associate Professor Inger Mewburn, Director of Researcher Development
- Associate Professor Krisztina Valter-Kocsi, ANU Medical School, College of Health & Medicine
- Professor Asmi Wood, ANU College of Law
Voting for this election will commence on Monday 24th September.
Voting links will be issued to all eligible voters via email (from the Returning Officer) on Monday 24 August 2020, with the voting period closing at 5pm on Monday 14 September.
For more information regarding ANU Council Elections contact email@example.com.