Undergraduate Academic Entry Requirements
For admission into an undergraduate program at ANU, applicants must have:
1. Completed recognised upper secondary or equivalent studies comparable to Australian Year 12, to the required standard;
2. Satisfied English language proficiency requirements; and
3. Satisfied any individual program subject prerequisites
To check your eligibility based on your qualifications, please refer International Student qualifications table.
If you have completed one year of study at a different university, your application will be assessed on the basis of your tertiary results. If you have not meet the minimum requirements for entry into ANU, there are alternative pathway options to consider.
Postgraduate Academic Requirements
For admission into a postgraduate program at ANU, applicants must have:
- Completed a recognised undergraduate or postgraduate degree, certificate and/or relevant work experience, as appropriate, and satisfied any individual program subject prerequisites;
- Meet the specific academic grade required for the program. Information on program requirements is available at Programs & Courses website;
- Satisfied any other individual program entry requirements (i.e, CV, referee letter); and
- Satisfied English language proficiency requirements.
For Post Graduate studies we look at all prior study including Undergraduate grades and Post Graduate grades (if the applicant has already done a masters before).
English Language Requirements
All applicants, whether domestic or international, must provide evidence that their English language ability meets the minimum requirements for admission.
The English Language Requirements for Students policy outlines approved methods for meeting the English requirements.