Applications for the 2017/2018 Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) have now closed.
The Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS) offers early entry to domestic school leavers currently completing an Australian year 12 or International Baccalaureate qualification in Australia. Applicants must be Indigenous, Pasifika or eligible for the Equity Access Schemes (EAS) disadvantage categories.
The SRS is available for selected ANU programs, however prerequisites and additional selection criteria may apply. See Programs and Courses for prerequisites and additional selection criteria information.
How to apply
Submit the following applications through the University Admissions Centre (UAC) by 29 September 2017:
- Undergraduate admission application (via UAC);
- Schools Recommendation Scheme application; and either,
- EAS application (if you are being considered for EAS under the rural or regional area school categories, you will not be required to submit an EAS application); OR
- Statutory declaration if you are Pasifika, to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants with a minimum ATAR of 70 or above are allowed to enter one of the following programs:
- B Archaeological Practice
- B Art History and Curatorship
- B Arts
- B Asian Studies
- B Biotechnology
- B Business Administration
- B Classical Studies
- B Commerce
- B Criminology
- B Development Studies
- B Environment and Sustainability
- B European Studies
- B Information Technology
- B Languages
- B Latin American Studies
- B Middle Eastern and Central Asian Studies
- B Music
- B Pacific Studies
- B Policy Studies
- B Science
- B Science (Psychology)
- Flexible Double Arts, Social Sciences, Business and Science
Successful applicants will be allowed to enter into one following programs with a minimum ATAR which is within 5 points below the published selection rank:
- B Accounting
- B Actuarial Studies
- B Advanced Computing (Honours)
- B Applied Data Analytics
- B Economics
- B Engineering (Honours)
- B Environment and Sustainability (Advanced) (Honours)
- B Finance
- B Genetics
- B International Business
- B International Relations
- B International Security Studies
- B Laws (Honours)
- B Mathematical Sciences
- B Medical Science
- B Political Science
- B Politics, Philosophy & Economics
- B Psychology (Honours)
- B Science (Advanced) (Honours)
- B Software Engineering (Honours)
- B Statistics
- Flexible Double Law
- Flexible Double Engineering or Advanced Computing
You will receive an early offer if your Schools Recommendation Scheme application is successful after review by the ANU Admissions Office. Offers will be conditional on gaining a minimum Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) provided you have also completed any relevant prerequisite subjects or additional selection criteria. This varies between programs (see programs above).
You must have your preferred ANU SRS course as your first preference by midnight on 12 November 2017.
ANU will make conditional SRS offers by issuing Conditional Offer through UAC in November Round 1 on 16 November 2017.
If you receive a Conditional Offer and you:
- Achieve the required minimum ATAR, course prerequisites, and additional selection criteria; and
- List the offered ANU course as your first preference by midnight on 17 December 2017,
You will be made an unconditional offer through UAC in December Round 2 of offers (21 December 2017).
Note: students undertaking the International Baccalaureate will be assessed for a full offer in January Round 1 owing to the later release of IB results. Refer to January Round 1 dates at www.uac.edu.au