Most undergraduate students admitted to ANU have an ATAR or equivalent at or above the published selection rank for their preferred program.
ANU will also take into account adjustment factors for eligible students that, when looked at alongside your ATAR, will increase your selection rank for eligible ANU programs.
Adjustment factors must be applied for through the relevant ANU Entrance Scheme. These schemes include:
- National Access Scheme (NAS): this scheme provides subject-based adjustments, which are adjustments on the basis of performance in specific Year 12 subjects that the applicant undertook. The scheme also provides performance-based adjustments for the achievement of an Australian Music Education Board (AMEB) Grade 8 or higher.
- Educational Access Scheme (EAS): this scheme provides equity-based adjustments, including adjustments on the basis of characteristics associated with disadvantage.
- Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) Entry Scheme: this scheme provides Elite Athlete adjustments, which are adjustments available on the basis of the applicant's sporting prowess.
The maximum total adjustments possible to an applicant's selection rank from the combination of all adjustments is 10 points. This may be made up of:
- Up to 5 equity-based adjustments
- Up to 5 Elite Athlete adjustments
- Up to 5 subject-based or performance-based adjustments (AMEB Grade 8)
Special entry schemes
The minimum ATAR requirement for eligible programs will be reduced for applicants through one of the special admissions schemes listed below. These schemes do not adjust your selection rank, but rather lower the minimum ATAR requirement of the programs themselves, in recognition of other criteria, depending on the scheme. The lower requirements in these schemes may not be combined with adjustments gained through any other scheme (example: NAS subject-based adjustments). These schemes are:
- Schools Recommendation Scheme (SRS): This scheme provides equity-based adjustments, including adjustments on the basis of characteristics associated with disadvantage. The scheme provides successful applicants with an early offer to the University with an adjusted ATAR requirement within 5-10 points of the published selection rank of the offered program.
- ANU Extension Early Entry Scheme: This scheme provides subject-based adjustments on the basis of performance in the ANU Extension program. The scheme provides successful applicants with an early offer to the University with an adjusted final ATAR requirement within 5 points of the published selection rank of the offered program.