If you are thinking of studying at ANU and you require accommodation you must apply by completing the online accommodation application.
How are accommodation applications considered
All applications for accommodation are considered at the same time, we do not work on a first come, first served basis, we look at all applications equally. If affiliated Colleges require any additional information you may be contacted directly by the College but you are not required to submit anything further in addition to your application.
If you are not a guaranteed applicant you should also consider other accommodation options which you can find on our accommodation home page.
What if I need to change my application?
Applications can be changed by emailing us at email@example.com, provide us with the information you need updated as well as your 6 digit id which is emailed to you when you registered on our portal. You can only change your accommodation prefererence up until 15th November. Please do not submit additional applications as they will not be processed or considered.
Offers are made on a rolling basis and can arrive right up to the time that classes are starting, so even if you receive an early round academic offer you might not receive your accommodation offer until later.
After UAC offers have been released, we start sending out emails offering accommodation along with information on how to accept an offer. As this happens on an ongoing basis it may not be immediately after your academic offer is made.
You must accept your offer of accommodation within 48 hours of receiving it otherwise the accommodation offer will lapse. Offers are sent via email so you must keep a close eye on your emails (including junk folders).
International students offers for accommodation are made on a rolling basis after acceptance of your academic offer and you have paid your program fee deposit to study at ANU.
You must accept your academic offer by 17 January for first semester and full-year applications, or by 23 June for second semester in the year your studies will commence. This includes paying your program fee deposit.
You must accept your offer of accommodation within 48 hours of receiving it otherwise the offer will lapse.
Important things to remember
- You should apply for accommodation before you are offered an academic place at ANU, even if you aren't sure if you are coming to ANU
- Your preference for a particular student residence will be considered but is not guaranteed, the guarantee only applies to being offered a bed at an ANU approved residence
- An accommodation offer may be for a residence different to your selected preference and costs may vary (eg you may have preferenced a catered residence but you may be offered self-catered)
- University accommodation includes all Lodges, Colleges, Halls and any other ANU approved accommodation facility
- Accommodation offers will be made via email, make sure you check your email regularly
- You cannot apply directly to the student residences, one application covers all University accommodation
- Applications are free and there is no obligation to accept an accommodation offer
- Late applications are not accepted