Housing online is a free service to assist ANU students and staff to find rental accommodation.
Search or advertise
You can search or advertise properties which fall in to the following categories:
- Properties for rent - a whole house, apartment or townhouse for rent.
- Share accommodation - a room/s available in an already established share or group house.
- Private board accommodation - live with a Canberra family (includes meals).
- House sitting - live in someone else's home while they are away (you are expected to care for any pets, keep the home clean and tidy, and maintain the garden).
Search/advertising warning: beware of scams
Please note: Some providers will request that you pay money to put a property/room on hold. It is against the law for a landlord to accept a deposit for a property. No money should be sent/handed over until an agreement is being signed and keys are being handed over. Do not send money in advance.
When searching for or advertising rental properties you want to be wary of properties that sound too good to be true. Usually when a property is significantly cheaper than other similar properties in the same area or when people are offering to send money/rent your property without seeing it.
Do not send any money prior to your arrival and be sure to view the property before entering into an agreement. If you are responding to a shared accommodation advert you should meet the housemate personally before paying any money. If you are not sure contact University Accommodation Services to discuss any issues.
Advertising terms & conditions
- Advertisements will be automatically deleted after four weeks, you can edit your ad and extend it for a longer period
- Your advertisement must be deleted as soon as it has been filled/rented
- Listings will be available to both staff and students to see
Registering to advertise/view contact details for listings
When registering to advertise accommodation, you should do so as a provider. If you are not a student but would like to see the contact details for someone you should still register as a student. You do not need an ANU email address to register as a student.
ANU provides this listing as a service only and makes no warranties or representations as to the suitability or otherwise of prospective boarders/tenants or hosts/landlords, nor does it accept any responsibility or liability in relation to any matter howsoever arising out of any contract or arrangement between the student and hosts/landlords. The University retains the right to remove any entry from its lists at any time. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with the following documents: