- Applicant must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa.
- Completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in 2017 or completed Year 12 (or equivalent) in 2016 and did not enrol in a tertiary program in 2017.
- Have put at least one ANU program as a preference through the Universities Admission Centre (NSW & ACT).
- Completed or is currently completing school in one of the following areas: Highlands; South-Coast; Wollongong; Yass, Goulburn and Queanbeyan; South-West and Western Slopes and Plains.
One scholarship is available for Victorian regional students or New Zealand citizens. Applicants must reside in and have attended secondary school in a regional area of Victoria be a citizen of New Zealand and hold the NCEA Level 3 qualification to be eligible.
If your school postcode falls within the following postcode groups, you are eligible to apply: 2500 - 2554; 2568 - 2599; 2619 - 2633; 2640 - 2681; 2700 - 2731; 2790 - 2820; 2830 - 2830; 2845 - 2850; 2864 - 2871; 2875 - 2877.
- Eligible students who obtain an ATAR score of 90.00 and above or equivalent (no bonus points).
- Demonstrated involvement and leadership in school and/or community activities, supported by 2 referee reports.