Applications for 2019 closed at 17:00 pm AEST on Friday 31 August 2018. Details for the 2020 round will be updated at a future date
Step 1: Write your cover letter
Your cover letter (max 1 page) should explain your reasons for applying for this award and how it aligns with your career goals.
Step 2: Attach your resume
Your resume should be no more than two pages in length and include your:
- personal information including contact details and citizenship status
- academic record including any awards or prizes
- employment experience
- community service or voluntary work
Step 3: Write your personal statement
Your personal statement should be no more than 1000 words and outline the personal and professional benefits of your proposed program of study and how the award will support your study goals. You are also encouraged to include an outline of your community participation, including any volunteering and extracurricular activities.
Step 4: Attach your academic record
You should include the following documents:
- a copy of your year 11 results statement;
- a letter from the Head of Year (or equiv) providing details of your predicted ATAR (or equiv)
Step 5: Attach your Three Year Plan
Please provide a Three year plan outlining how you will develop your skills and work over the duration of the award funding. Refer to the Three year plan sample document under Resources.
Step 6: Attach your two written references
Please provide two written references INCLUDING NAME, POSITION, ORGANISATION:
- An academic reference from your school;
- A character reference by someone suitable to comment on your contributions to the community and your leadership potential.
Step 7: Submit your application documents
Please ensure that you have gathered the required supporting documents (refer to the Application Checklist below) and that you have combined them into a single pdf, then email to philanthropic scholarships by 17:00 pm AEST Friday 31 August 2018.
If you have any questions concerning your application, please contact Philanthropic Scholarships on 02 6125 6236.
Before you submit your application, please check that you have gathered and attached the following documents:
- Covering letter
- Up to date Resume
- Personal statement of no more than 1,000 words
- Copies of results for Years 11 and 12 (where applicable)
- Letter from Head of Year outlining predicted ATAR (or equivalent)
- Three year plan
- Two written referee reports - an academic reference by someone suitable to comment on your contributions to the community and your leadership potential.