Welcome Email & Required Enrolment Documentation
You will receive a welcome email once you accept your offer of admission. This includes your student ID number and your password.
Students are to provide the following documentation:
- Notification of Research Commencement
To prove citizenship and right to study:
- Australian Citizens and New Zealand citizens send a colour scan of passport, birth certificate or citizenship certificate.
- Permanent residents send a colour copy of passport and visa grant notice.
- Temporary residents holding a Postgraduate Research Sector visa (Subclass 574) send a colour copy of passport and visa grant notice.
These documents can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temporary residents holding another type of visa must bring their passport and visa documentation to Student Central, Building X-005 121, Marcus Clarke Street, Canberra City, between 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday for University staff to sight the original documents.
Notification of Research Commencement
Students negotiate (with their Supervisor) and nominate a start date within the commencement term stated in their offer of admission, remembering that students with a scholarship maybe required to commence earlier. Research candidature will start from this date. Enrolment will be added prior to the nominated commencement date provided the personal documents above have been submitted.
Prior Research Studies
Students with current or previous higher degree research studies (Doctor of Philosophy or Master of Philosophy) from another tertiary institution providing a letter certified by a staff member of the graduate/research students office that includes the following information:
- Date of commencement
- Date of withdrawal
- Duration of full time and/or part-time study
- Any leave periods taken
- Total number of days studied (full-time equivalent)
- Equivalent full-time study load (EFTSL) or RTS consumption - Domestic students only
This letter should be emailed to email@example.com
Bank Account/ Financial Distribution Details Form
Students awarded a scholarship which pays a stipend, must provide details of an Australian bank account into which the scholarship can be paid. Students need to complete and return the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
Obtaining a student card
Once the enrolment process is complete students can collect or order a student card. Photo ID is must be presented to Student Central in order to obtain a student card.
All students, including those online, are required to hold an ANU student card for identification, examination requirements and to access University Library services. Internal students will need to liaise with the HDR administrator in their School/College to arrange building access (if required) after obtaining a student card.
Student system login
SIS (Interactive Student Information System) is your online student hub. Here you manage your program, manage your milestones, update your personal details and will be issued invoices to pay your fees after you commence. ISIS gives you immediate, at-your-fingertips access to your academic and administrative pathway. You need to complete the Task Wizard in ISIS to progress to view your enrolment and program details.
If you are required to complete compulsory coursework units as part of your program, you will need to complete an enrolment change eForm. This can be found in Main Menu (compass in top-right hand corner of screen) > Navigation > ISIS > Degree Management > Manage my Degree.
You will need to click next to begin the process once you reach the landing page.
Paying fees and invoices
All students, including research students with a scholarship, will need to pay the Services and Amenities (SA) Fee.
You will receive an invoice for this fee and tuition fees (if applicable) in your ISIS account. Ensure that you pay by the due date on the invoice to retain access to the University services and your online accounts.