Search the Marxism Page
- phrase: enclose in double inverted commas to search for a phrase. So
"Marxist ornithology" would bring up pages which include the phrase
- proximity: enclose words you are looking for (terms) in backquotes to search for terms within fiftenn words of each other. So `pigeons Marx` would bring up a page that includes "about breeds of chickens and pigeons he had seen. 1. Marx mentioned French roosters".
- truncation: to search for part of a word put "*" before
and/or after the part you are looking for. So "Marxi*" will bring up
"Marxism", "Marxist", "Marxists", "marxisant" etc,
while "*ist*" will bring up "Marxist", "Leninists",
- exclude: to search for documents with one word but not another use
"!" before the excluded word. So "Marxist !ornithology" would bring up
pages which include the word "Marxist" and do not include the word
- include: to search for documents that include one word
in addition to another use "+" before the included word. So "Marxist
+ornithology" would bring up pages which include "ornithology"
and head the list with those that also include "Marxist".
- more information on P@noptic searches.
Original URL http://www0.anu.edu.au/polsci/marx/search.html
Site author Rick Kuhn. Last
revised 28 Apr 2008.
Send feedback to Rick.Kuhn @ anu.edu.au