Nominations have opened for the 2015 Alumni Awards.
Launched by Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Young AO, the ANU Alumni Awards Awards recognise alumni and students who have achieved extraordinary success in their field or made outstanding contributions to their community.
The categories for the 2015 Alumni Awards are:
- Alumnus of the Year
- International Alumnus of the Year
- Young Alumnus of the Year
- Student of the Year
In addition, three new categories have been added to the 2015 Awards:
- Alumnus of the Year (Philanthropy) - recognising alumni who are giving financially or through their time and expertise to make a significant impact in their community or to the University;
- Alumnus of the Year (Innovation and Entrepreneurship) - recognising alumni who have identified innovative solutions for new and existing markets; and
- Alumnus of the Year (Research or Academia) - recognising alumni whose research is making a real impact in their community or to the world.
"Recognition through the Alumni Awards is not only a measure of seniority, status or title," Professor Young said.
"The Awards are a celebration of alumni who have achieved outstanding success in their fields and made extraordinary contributions to the global community."
Nominations in all categories can be made by members of the ANU community (staff, students and alumni) or a member of the public.
Nominations close at midnight (AEST) 31 October 2014. Recipients will be announced in February 2015.
Nomination forms, further information and previous recipients are available on the Alumni Relations website.