Early Career Academics and final year PhD students are invited to the third Annual NECTAR Retreat on 3 and 4 June at Mount Stromlo Observatory.
The Retreat will include workshops and speakers covering issues of interest to Early Career Academics (ECA), including a round-table discussion with ANU Vice-Chancellor Professor Ian Young.
Speakers will include:
- Prof Ian Young, ANU Vice-Chancellor
- Prof Douglas Robertson, Director of Research Services
- Mr Chris Grange, Executive Director, Administration and Planning
- Ms Amy Holland, Research Development Coordinator
- Representatives from ANU Centre for Higher Education Learning and Teaching, and the Educational Fellowship Scheme.
In 2014 we also welcome Deans from several ANU Colleges, each of whom have expressed a keen interest in supporting early career academic development.
Register for the Retreat at EventBrite: tinyurl.com/nectar-retreat by Friday 23 May.
NECTAR is an independent space created by, and for, ECAs at ANU. The NECTAR Retreat provides space and resources with which to develop ideas, build confidence in leadership, develop cross-college networks, and acquire skills and knowledge required to lead each other and ANU towards a successful teaching and research future. We see our young academics as the future of Australia’s research and innovation initiative.
For further information on NECTAR contact Dr Julie Preston on 02 6125 7165 or firstname.lastname@example.org