Trade negotiations between Australia and the European Union are expected to get underway in late 2018. This EU funded Erasmus+ Jean Monnet Project aims to help Australian policymakers, industry and civil society understand European Union trade policy.
The training will include:
- an accessible explanation of how the EU works and EU trade policymaking;
- a panel discussion on issues and challenges for the proposed Free Trade Agreement;
- details on key current issues such as Geographic Indications, Investor-State Dispute Settlement, Services and Agricultural Trade;
- an update on current political developments in Europe; and
- information on how to find out more.
This workshop is designed to support stakeholders from different organisations and sectors who may have little or no familiarity with the EU.
The ANU Centre for European Studies gratefully acknowledges the support of the European Commission and the Institute for International Trade at the University of Adelaide in providing this training in South Australia.
To sign up for ANU Centre for European Studies newsletters and receive notification of further training dates, email: firstname.lastname@example.org