The Asian Bureau of Economic Research (ABER) is a new research program on Asian economic policy at the Crawford School of Public Policy at the Australian National University.
ABER is led by Peter Drysdale and Shiro Armstrong and builds off the East Asian Bureau of Economic Research and South Asian Bureau of Economic Research and brings together academics from over 40 institutions throughout Asia to promote the exchange of ideas, debate and regional cooperation. The panel will focus on Asia’s responses to uncertainty in the global economy. How can Australia and Asian countries respond to the unfolding trade war? Is the region prepared to respond to a financial crisis? What strategies can countries and the region collectively deploy to manage the huge uncertainties in the global system?
Distinguished speakers in the forum include:
* Mari Pangestu, Professor of Economics at the University of Indonesia and former Trade Minister of Indonesia
* He Fan, Professor of Economics at Peking University
* Shiro Armstrong, Director of East Asian Bureau of Economic Research
* Suman Bery, Fellow of the Brussels think-tank Bruegel
* Craig Emerson, ANU and Craig Emerson Economics
Registration is essential.