Steel structures for everyoneIn this introductory course, learn the equipment and processes associated with steel fabrication including mig welding, oxy-acetylene cutting, forging, and hand tools to design and construct a work using a selection of supplied steel formats.
|Geoff Farquhar-Still||18 July||Tuesday||6-9pm||13||$750||Enrolments closed|
- Weeks 1-3: Introduction to tools, skills and safety
- Weeks 4-6: Idea development and fabrication techniques
- Weeks 6-13: Individual work development and fabrication
By the end of the course, you should:
- be introduced to a wide range of skills in working with steel
- develop confidence in handling a wide range of tools and equipment from mig welding and forging to angle grinding
- develop your own creative program in consultation with your tutor, to complete a project.
Who should enrol
Anyone with a love of creating!
Students will need safety gear - riggers gloves, closed toe boots, and overalls. Safety gear will be discussed during the first week, providing guidance on necessary and optional purchases.