Mythology and gods in drawing and clay
Explore mythologies of the world through visual material in a step-by-step process of fun drawing exercises and small sculpture making, culminating in a finished major sculpture (or two!).
||2017 dates to be confirmed
||Join our mailing
Mythology is how people make sense of the world. Every culture from the dawn of time has stories about the creation of earth, the origins of humankind and the meaning of life. Mythology can also highlight our close connection to animals and is an incredibly visually-rich topic.
Explore these mythologies of the world through discussion and visual material in a step by step process of fun drawing exercises and small sculpture making, culminating in a finished major sculpture.
Designed to be comfortable for all levels of aptitude and experience, you are encouraged to work at your own pace. The perfect place for exchanging ideas, using imagination, and an outlet for personal creativity and expression. Every week discusses various mythologies of the world, their meaning and look at the visual aspect of selected mythologies.
- Research various mythologies of the world
- Create a visual diary of drawings
- Clay sculpting
By the end of this course, students should have:
- Created an imaginative and varied body of sculptures and drawings
- Increased their artistic observational skills
- Have an overview of many human mythologies of the world
- Learned to look at and create art in a variety of mediums
- Developed their own skills in drawing and clay sculpture
- Be able to talk about their work
Who should enrol
This is an introductory course suitable for all.
The following materials are required;
- Air drying clay (base amount provided to start)
- Charcoal and pencils
- Hot glue guns