Traditional Chinese landscape painting
Escape from the everyday and find sanctuary in the traditional art form of Chinese landscape painting.
|Raymond Kan||22 July||Saturday||2pm-5pm||10||$410||Enrolments closed|
Escape from the everyday and find sanctuary in the traditional art form of Chinese landscape painting. Discover your inner artist as you paint the various elements of trees, rocks, mountains and clouds. Enjoy the depth and detail that traditional Chinese landscape painting can offer.
- Topic 1 - Introduction of the course content and materials used for Chinese painting
- Topic 2 - A study and composition of various styles of trees in traditional landscape painting
- Topic 3 - A study and composition of rocks in Chinese painting
- Topic 4 - A study and composition of mountains in traditional Chinese painting
- Topic 5 - Learning various ways for painting clouds
- Topic 6 - A study of pine and bamboo in landscape painting
- Topic 7 - Bringing all the skills together to form a piece of art
At the end of the course, students should develop a basic understanding of traditional Chinese landscape painting and its elements. Students should also be able to use the skills in a simple landscape painting.
Who should enrol
Anyone interested in traditional Chinese landscape painting or Chinese painting as an art. There is no required prior knowledge for this beginners course. Experienced students are also welcome as the teacher can tailor the work to suit the skill level of the individual.
- Chinese brush (supplied by teacher, additional costs applies)
- Ink stick
- Ink stone
- Chinese rice paper
- Water bottle/container
- Pallet (or some small dishes for each colour)
Some of the above materials are available locally but some may need to be ordered.